As warmer weather approaches, we know it’s time to spend more time outside our homes and sometimes carry out some gardening processes. Not just gardening and spending time outside your home, but a perfect time to prepare for the coming weather, we know some parts of our homes that can’t be used or fixed during cold-times so now is the opportunity for you to give your home some spruce. In order to maintain a healthy home, there is more to do than just vacuuming and dusting.
Here are a few and most important tips to guide you as you get your home ready for the coming summer;
- Inspect and repair roofing: Warm weather happens to be the best time for you to inspect some places like windows, siding, roofing, and exterior doors of your home to check for any damages that might have taken place during winter, most especially the roof as a result of carrying too much snow that might have damaged a part of it. Repair any damage roofing if possible, replace it. If you don’t find this kind of work very comfortable for you, it’s always possible to hire someone who can perfectly do it for you.
- Service your air conditioner: There is nothing worse than having a broken air conditioner in the middle of summer. Spring is the perfect season for you to check and if possible repair your air conditioning systems, you need to be sure it’s able to keep functioning in the months ahead. You can start by changing the system filter. A dirty filter result to the air conditioner over-working which cost more to run. There are available companies offering this services if you find it not comfortable.
- Inspect sprinkler and outdoor plumbing: Sort out any winter damage such as cracked pipes and broken heads. You can do this by testing one zone of your sprinkler at a time. Get a new head for any bubbling area. You need to verify if your outdoor irrigation and spigots system made it successfully through the winter. Remove freeze caps known as insulators from your outdoor faucets and try turning on the water. If there is a slow trickle or the water is not flowing normally, you can call a plumber as fast as possible.
- Clean the gutters: Remove leaves and wreckage from the gutter. When next it about to rain, stay outside and check just in case there are any leaks in your gutters.
- Prepare your garden: A successful summer should be accompanied with a garden. Prepare and clean your garden for the coming summer. Mulch your flower beds and take out unwanted weeds, this will give the garden a new look.
- Prepare your summer tools: Lawn mowers are most important when it comes to keeping your yard clean and neat all through summer. Get your equipment ready to tackle such tasks.
Warm weather is here for you to fill your environment and make the most out of it while you still can. Take the ultimate move and get your home and your environment ready for the coming season. Follow the above processes for a good and perfect summer experience for you and your family.
Any questions about buying a home? Contact me today!